Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

When I voted in the 2008 presidential election, it wasn't a great as I thought it would be, simply because I had to do an absentee ballot. its just not the same mailing a piece of paper in rather than walking up to the polls after waiting in line forever to cast your ballot (electronically, of course). I knew exactly who I was voting for for president, but I had no idea who some of the Representatives were , or the judges and court officials. I refused to just vote for whoever was running in my party, so instead I called my Dad and asked him to briefly explain what each person would do if elected.
It was a god feeling, though, being able to vote for president of the United States. It also made me realize how important it is, especially when i came across people who were too lazy to go and vote.

No comments: