Thursday, September 18, 2008

Factual Arguments

my hypothesis that I started out with was " there are more women on campus than me". This came from complete observation as I walked to class the past couple of days, and even the numbers in my classroom. I went to a source to prove my hypothesis was an argument of fact- my tour guide book of facts. I haven't read the updated 2008 one, and it stated that TCU was indeed, 56% women and 44% men. I also had statements from people that work in the Admissions Office that TCU had more women than men. In presenting my hypothesis, I would choose the first source to use because it is more reliable and believable by my audience than just what someone claimed- everyone knows how false or misleading that can be.

2 comments:

akwilkins said...

Yes there are definetely more women at this school than men. Not only does it just seem that way, but we even have statistics to prove it.

Shannon S said...

I saw an article in the paper about how schools with unequal amounts of men and women can lead to overall bad relationships between the two sexes on campus....Hope the extra females here don't cause problems! Just kidding.