Monday, September 15, 2008

My article has changed several times, so I apologize in advance to my group who will have to read another one.
My article is about what women want in the election, what they will vote for- the article calls women an "untapped" energy. I chose this article because I think it was a brilliant political strategy for McCain to choose Palin after his chances were low and Hilary was out of the picture. It will be interesting to see whether or not this move will gain some of the Hilary voters since Palin is the only female left to vote for or whether they stick to the more left winged politics of Obama. The article discusses how women and men have responded positively or negatively to her nomination, and how the dynamics have now changed on the ticket. There are many positive and many negatives to VP Palin and I am interested to see how it will all play out in the election.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Rachel, my article, like yours, analyses the effects of Palin on the Presidential election. The next couple of weeks will be interesting, with the hype of the Palin pick lessened and the political debates starting up. We'll see how things turn out.

Sebastilover said...

Being a woman, I would like to find out what other women position's are. However I don't see the factual argument in this article. Maybe you can point out some statistics in class of what the article brought up.

Sara V said...

I think it will be very interesting to see if the Hillary supporters switch over to Republican to vote for a woman or stick with the Democrats. Obama is probably second guessing his decision to not choose Hillary as his running mate now that McCain picked Palin. I think that if Obama had picked Hillary they would have won by a landslide.