Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Humorous Argument

My cartoon that I did was in reaction to one of the laws that Obama passed in Illinois that "oks" after birth abortion. Also know as infanticide or induced labor abortion. Many Americans are against abortion and many are for it. My cartoon obviously tries to bring a little humor into the situation that many do not find funny. It shows Obama dragging a baby away from the finger of God, which is also a play on the famous painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel called "the creation of man". The point is that many feel that once babies are born into the world and are breathing on their own, they are human beings and are creations of God, and therefore no one can still have the right to take their life away after birth. But Obama is pulling the baby away because he supports pro-choice and after birth abortion.

2 comments:

AlleOsborne said...

I thought the cartoon was great and you got your point across. That is a good cartoon for such a topic like that. Makes Obama look pretty bad.

Lindsay B said...

My topic is abortion too, so I know how difficult it is to make humorous. I thought you did a very good job. You had a clear point and presented it very well.